- This event has passed.
Intro to Electronics (Week 5) by HS Ipswich
March 17 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Ever wanted to learn the basics of electronics, from components to the basic concepts of electronic design?
HS Ipswich will be hosting a 5 week course, led by our Cause Leader of Electronics Geoff Wheeler, to teach these skills and more.
This course has been designed for beginners, so if you have never toyed with electronics before, but have always been interested in learning, this is a good starting point.
As part of this course, you will be asked to build a basic circuit with 1 active component. You can either design and buy your own components, or buy a basic electronics breadboard kit as a basis for your project.
Once complete, you will walk away with having:
- Gained an appreciation for electronics
- Learnt the fundamental concepts pertaining to electricity and electrical components
- The ability to read basic electronic schematics
- The ability to properly use a multimeter
Days 1 to 4 are the main course days, with Day 5 being a catch-up/overflow day.
Spots are limited, so be sure to book in ASAP!
Workshop: $40 per Person (ex GST) plus Eventbrite Fees
Electronics Kit: $25 (ex GST) plus Eventbrite Fees
Dates & Times
- Day 1: Saturday 17th of February – 3PM to 6PM
- Day 2: Saturday 24th of February – 3PM to 6PM
- Day 3: Saturday 3rd of March – 1:30PM to 5PM
- Day 4: Saturday 10th of March – 1:30PM to 5PM
- Day 5: Saturday 17th of March – 1:30PM to 5PM
Notes, T&Cs, etc.
A minimum of 2 persons is required for this workshop. If we do not have the minimum 2 persons for this workshop 14 days prior to the workshop, we will be required to cancel.
Attendance to all Saturdays is required to complete the workshop.
Refunds will be offered up until 14 days prior to the workshops. After this point, all the costs incurred with running these workshops are locked in, including materials and fees. (Eventbrite only provides 7 and 30-day options for refunds. If you fall between these dates, please contact us directly to discuss refunds.)
Refunds will not be offered if workshop is not completed.
We thank everyone for their understanding with this.